Living in a warmer climate often attracts many friends and family from up north. Although, we yearn for the cooler weather and glistening snowfall in the wintertime, they flee from it. That “white blanket” they receive makes northern folk migrate to the south faster than school kids exiting the building on the last day of school before summer break.
If you’re like me, I struggle with creating enough space in my home to accommodate everyone and trying to make everyone happy. This can be a little stressful for all involved, but what if there’s a better way? Since the launch of AirBnB, people have managed to create real “home away from home” get-a-ways that are affordable, convenient and unique. Here’s a list of 14 AirBnBs in Lexington SC that are surprisingly cozy and could be an alternative for your visitors.
1. Rosie’s Place #1 –PET FRIENDLY Entire House, 4 Guests, 2 Bedroom 1 Bath
Rosie has two places, this is obviously the first. If your travelers have pets, this is it! Rosie provides a small fenced in area and the description says: “all pets welcome.”
2. Rosie’s Place #2 –Entire House, 6 Guests, 3 Bedrooms 2 Baths
Rosie’s number 2. By the way Rosie is a “Superhost” which mean in AirBnB lingo that she’s done this a time or two and she’s a success! This place sits on 1 acre and has a large deck in the back and is newly remodeled. Go check this place out.
3. Barred Owl Studio Apartment -Entire House, 2 Guests, Studio 1 Bath
I featured this Lexington AirBnB in my recently published article 3 Meaningful Creative Ways to Celebrate a Wedding Anniversary on a Budget . It is adorable! Peggy is a Superhost. The description says it will feel like you are in the middle of a forests surrounded by trees, but close to everything in a quiet neighborhood. Truly a unique property! Book quickly!
4. Dad’s Place -Entire House, 5 Guests, 3 Bedrooms 1.5 Baths
When I saw this name, I immediately thought “yeah Dad’s, everyone wants to stay there'” Superhost Kevin has a super cool home. Location is close to everything and he says “True Southern Hospitality” provided.
5. Modern Cottage in Peaceful and Central Location -Entire House, 4 Guests (2 Beds), 1 Bedroom 1Bath
Can you picture a modern cottage? I just saw it. Cam and Mary have taken this place and made it beautiful and inviting. They stated that it’s both secluded and overlooking beautiful land. Very inviting!
6. Quiet and Convenient with Breakfast and a Furry Friend -Private Room in Townhouse, 2 Guests, 1 Bedroom 1 Private Bath
Who doesn’t like free breakfast? Luz, your host will cook for you when you stay with her! Plus she lets Simba, her cat, entertain. Reviews are fantastic and the townhouse is amazing! Luz is definitely offering an experience that is extremely affordable and enjoyable.
7. Cozy Home in the Heart of Lexington -Entire House, 5 Guests, 2 Bedrooms 2 Baths
Host Blakely, has created what she calls a “Cape Cod Style” home away from home that make you want to permanently stay. This two story has a wood burning fire place and large master suite downstairs. The second bedroom is located on the second level. Title says it all- LOCATION!
8. Private Room and Private Full Bath Adjacent -Private Room, 2 Guests, 1 Bedroom 1 Bath
Superhost alert! Jim and Cindy are cleaning up on good reviews. They allow guests access to their beautiful in-ground pool. While it’s still warm here in the south that is a fantastic amenity.
9. Gorgeous Brand New House-Private Room and Bath – Private Room, 2 Guests, 1 Shared Bath *Must be Government ID Verified*
Chad-a Superhost for his AirBnB and home brewer of beers. In addition to this he wants you to enjoy the fruits of his labor in this amazing new home! He and his family provide plenty of Netflix and Wifi. Chad will even share his home brew with you!
10. Entire Guesthouse to Yourself -Entire Guesthouse, 4 Guests, 1 Bedroom 1 Bath 1 Rockin Pool
Bo knows, Bo knows what serenity and beautifully landscaped oasis’s look like. This newly renovated guesthouse is going to please you. In addition, that pool is heavenly. Superhost Bo is showing out!
11. House on Lake Murray SC in Gilbert with Boat Ramp –Entire Cottage, 6 Guests, 3 Bedrooms 2 Baths
Maybe you want to leave your family at your house and go to the lake! Karen your host says that this cottage is ready for you recently back on AirBnB after a long term rental. I bet because no one wants to leave! Also, there’s a popular wedding venue, Southern Oaks close by that I featured in Discover 5 Epic Wedding Venues in Lexington South Carolina if you have a wedding to attend. Karen leaves you kayaks and there is also a Marina for boat and paddle boat rentals.
12. Small Warm and Cozy -Private Room in Dome House, 2 Guests, 1 Bedroom 1 Private Bath
Sandra the Superhost sounds more like a Superhero! Stay at her house that is immaculate! She is reasonably priced and the reviews rave about her hospitality. Located close to everything. Give Superhero Sandra a shout-out if you have more questions.
13. Private 1-2 Bedrooms, Private Bath and Pool -Private Room in House, 4 Guests, 2 Bedrooms 1 Private Bath
Debbie does Superhosting. This elegant traditional Southern Home sits on 2 acres of peaceful property with a relaxing in-ground pool. Both bedrooms are upstairs and both have double beds and private bathrooms.
14. The Cutest Guest House on Lake Murray–
Entire guesthouse 2 guests1 bedroom1 bed1 bath
Zena has decked out her AirBnB! She also wrote about her remodel! You can check it out here : Garage Apartment Fix Up! Great couples get away, quiet and close to the lake and other near by attractions.
That’s it folks! 14 amazing AirBnBs that you never knew existed. If you know of anyone who has used them, feel free to comment on your stay.
I hope you enjoy my writing as much as I enjoy having this creative platform.